Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Here are some tips for clean water damage that you can do before our team arrives.
- Shut off the water source if possible and safe to do.
- Mop up excess water.
- Place wood blocks or aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Remove rugs from wet carpet.
- Do not use your house vacuum to remove the water.
- Do not leave colored items on the wet carpet, it can potentially stain.
- Refrain from using electrical fixtures if the area is wet.
- Do not put upholstery cushions in the dryer, remove and prop them up to dry.
Floods can happen at any time in any place, it's always good to know what steps to take first to minimize damage.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (760) 520-1565
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.